Interactive Map of the Trees on the McMaster Campus
- McMaster University claims that there are 72 different species of trees and shrubs on its campus. But where are they located?
- McMaster could be the first Canadian university to provide a interactive campus map that shows the location of each notable tree.
- The interactive map would enable the McMaster community to:
- Learn about the trees on the campus.
- Better appreciate the beauty of the campus and the diversity of its greenery.
- Become more familiar with the campus layout.
- The map could be made available either on a web page or as a downloadable application.
Examples of interactive maps of this kind at other universities are found at:
- June 1, 2014
- AREA OF IMPACT
- Central Administration - Facility Services - Grounds
- IMPACT OF IDEA
- RESPONDED ON MAY 12, 2016
- Facility Services has compiled an inventory list of all the trees that can be found on campus as well as their current condition
- You can access this list by clicking here
- Facility Services is discussing the feasibility of this idea
More updates to come!
- RESPONDED ON SEPTEMBER 8, 2014
- Facility Services has an inventory of all the types of trees on campus, as well as where they are located.
- They are in the process of placing this information on the Facility Services website, and it should be up before January 2015.
- If you would like a copy of the list, please contact Carlos Figueira, Director, (Facility Services Custodial Services).